All material published by Scholastic Canada is protected by copyright law. If you wish to reproduce an excerpt of text or illustrations from one of our books, you must send in a request in writing.
Scholastic evaluates each request on an individual basis and in most cases, charges a fee for use of its copyrighted material. If you are an educator in a Canadian public school, please see our FAQ or visit Access Copyright to determine if you need to send in a request.
Scholastic distributes books from many publishers, therefore we suggest that you check the copyright page to confirm if Scholastic Canada is the original copyright holder before you contact us. Please review our FAQ for assistance.
To make a request to reproduce our material, please download and complete permissions request form (91 Kb) or send in your written request by mail, email or fax. Your request must include the following:
- Details about the Scholastic Canada book from which you wish to reproduce material, this includes:
TIP: Faxing a copy of your request, including the excerpt, to 416.849.7912 can help speed up your request.
- year of copyright
- the page number(s) on which it appears
- illustrations you wish to use (if applicable)
- Details about your Publisher/Company, including:
- title of the publication in which you wish to use the Scholastic Canada material
- the publication date
- print run
- format (hardcover, paperback, teacher's guide, CD, etc.)
- total number of pages for each edition
- list price
- territory/market in which it will be sold, i.e. Canada, North America, World/ Educational etc.
- Your contact information, including an email address and phone number.
If your permission request is for a web or non-print use, please send in a written request outlining your project.
Send your request to:
604 King Street West
Based on the volume of requests, it can take 4 - 6 weeks for a response.
Back to the top.